Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Reads

What I did for my closet, I had to do for my books. They are easily the most overwhelming possession I have. It is very easy to buy a book but far more time consuming to read it.

I like genre fiction more than regular fiction This genre has a lot to offer but I don’t love it nearly as much as genre fiction. I own far too many unread pieces of regular and literary fiction so this section got parsed down considerably.

I will never be a huge pop science fan There are a great many things in this world I’m curious about but the various forms of pop science will never speak to me quite as much as fiction or memoirs do. I kept some titles I was especially excited about but cut out quite a few.

Just because it’s autographed doesn’t mean it’s worth keeping I have a few titles purchased before college I bought because I was excited about autographed books. Now that I have books I love and am able to interact with the writers, those autographs have meaning to me. There’s no point in keeping a book I’m not excited about because of a signature.

When will I actually read it? I have books I bought college and never got around to reading. I had to ask myself why they’ve been sitting on a shelf for so long and most of the ones I asked that about have since been donated. If I’m still somewhat curious, there’s always GoodReads and the library to help me keep track.

You can still have clutter in ebooks Despite my love of physical books, I have a lot of ebooks. Some were freebies, some were on sale, some I loved in print, and some were only available in ebook. I need to go through and delete the ones I didn’t like or only got because they were free.

I've rehomed over 100 physical books and can't wait to parse down my electronic collections. I want to be left with my favorite reads.

Music: Maybe Next Year by Meiko

No comments:

Post a Comment