Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Great Purge of 2014: Moar Books

The Great Purge has been a great success. I’ve gathered even more stuff to donate. The only annoying part is that I don’t have time to donate it before Friday so I’m stuck dodging the boxes until that time comes. Believe you me, this is high on my to-do list.

A lot of the minimalist blogs and podcasts out there talk about how getting rid of stuff is addicting. I totally get that now. Watching space free up in my closet or on my shelves is liberating. I felt a bit lighter after my latest evaluation. I’ll feel even lighter if I can get rid of these boxes. As of Friday, everything on this list is going to a place that will sell or donate it. If you don’t claim it by then, it’s gone.


Genre Fiction
Wicked - Maguire
Son of a Witch - Maguire
Lion Among Men - Maguire
The World House
What-the-Dickens - Maguire
The Princess Bride
Ender's Game - Card
Midnight Riot
Steampunk'd 
Trolls in the Hamptons
Night Mares in the Hamptons
Dead until Dark
The Magic Shop
Songs of a Dying Earth
Horn of Ruin
He Is Legend
Classics Mutilated
Dracula in London

Teen
How to Deal (2 novels) - Sarah Dessen
City of Bones - Clare
City of Ashes - Clare
City of Glass - Clare
City of Fallen Angels - Clare
Meridian
The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong
Dreamland - Dessen
Along for the Ride - Dessen

Mystery 
Murder of a Bookstore Babe
The Book of Lies - Brad Meltzer (autographed)
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime 
Mind's Eye - Nesser

Fiction 
History of Love - Krauss
Suite Francaise
Something Borrowed - Giffin
Something Blue - Giffin
State of Wonder
Juliet
Party Girl
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass 
The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To
I Just Want My Pants Back
29
A Dog's Purpose
How to Buy a Love of Reading

Memoir 
Love Is a Four Letter Word (essays)
The Winter of Our Disconnect
My Life in France - Julia Child
The Science of Single
Suck It Wonder Woman - Munn
Class 11
The Gastronomy of Marriage 
A Little Fruitcake: A Childhood in Holidays
Traveling with Pomegranates - Sue Monk Kidd

Nonfiction 
The Man Behind the Nose: Larry Bozo Harmon
Why? Because We still Like You: an Oral History of The Mickey Mouse Club
Writers Gone Wild
High School Confidential
Christmas: A Candid History
Sisterhood of Spies
Witsec 

MISC
The Deranged Stalker's Journal of Pop Culture Therapy (one panel comics)
The 500 Best Urban Legends
You Might Be a Zombie - Cracked.com
Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Holidays
The Truth About Santa: Wormholes, Robots, and What Really Happens on Christmas Eve

1 comment:

  1. As posted on Facebook, I might take "Why, Because We Like You" off your hands.

    ReplyDelete