Thursday, May 26, 2016

2016 Books 7 & 8

I got a duplicate book for my birthday but my friend was smart enough to get a gift receipt. Since I left Sunday unscheduled, Boyfriend and I went to this delightful independent bookstore. He left me unsupervised. Considering all the books I looked at and thought about, only adding 2 wasn’t that bad.

Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution by Mona Eltahawy
I can’t get this at my local library (I checked) and it was right there.

The Feminist Utopia Project edited by Alexandra Blonsky & Rachel Kauder Nalebuff
An anthology of text and art about women’s different ideas of what a more feminist world would look like.

If you’re wondering, I did get another book which is why these 2 count.This brings my collection for the year to:


  1. Illustrated Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling
  2. This Is Why You’re Single by Laura Lane & Angela Spera
  3. Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken & Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
  4. The Green Man by Ellen Datlow
  5. Sisters of the Revolution edited by Ann VanderMeer
  6. Sharkpunk edited by Jonathan Green
  7. The Feminist Utopia Project edited by Alexandra Blonsky & Rachel Kauder Nalebuff
  8. Headscarves and Hymens by Mona Eltahawy

No comments:

Post a Comment