Thursday, May 28, 2015

10 Year Reminder I've Failed To Do Anything with My Life

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up in less than 2 weeks. I said back when I first heard rumblings about it that I wouldn’t go unless I was working. I’ve had one interview in 2 months. I heard a little bit from the agencies today but I’m not optimistic.

My job search has been so abysmal this time around that my plan is to move to NOVA in August and try to get a job at Costco. One friend said "Well, it's just until something better comes along." I didn't have the heart to tell her that by doing that, I've admitted to myself that I've given up on better coming along. Four years of college and I can go back to working retail. I feel like such a wunderkind.

In addition to my complete lack of success as a member of the human race, tickets for the reunion are also $60 a pop. You get a commemorative wine glass and part of it’s a donation but that’s still a lot of money for not a lot of party. It’s at the high school from 4-6 cookout style.

My unemployment payment is at a record low. I think the woman deliberately screwed me because I forgot to mention I got one week’s severance much like she forgot to ask. When she came back to talk to me about it, she treated me like I was deliberately lying to her. I genuinely forgot because unemployment took their sweet time getting in touch. By the time I finally heard from someone, that severance was gone.


I’m not interested in spending $60 or $120 I don’t have. I can feel like just as much of a failure elsewhere for free. My depression is making sure of that. It’s not the worst it’s ever been but I recently had a dream where I deliberately took an entire month’s worth of anti-depressants with the intention of taking my own life. That was new and it’s not good. Something has to change and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment