Friday, October 11, 2013

Mating Display


There’s an episode in Season 1 of How I Met Your Mother where an engagement inspires the couple to ‘act more grown-up.’ They have a wine and cheese party with other engaged or married couples. Unfortunately they’re bored out of their minds.

With so many of my friends pairing off and The Boy factoring heavily into my social calendar, I’m starting to understand how that happens. You invite one you invite the other and there appear to be times when everyone in your circle is part of a couple.

I’d be curious to throw one of these little shindigs where it’s just a handful of couples but we do something other than consume wine and cheese. It would be a nerd couples night and we’d either MST3K a bad movie or play board games. There’d be wine and beer but we wouldn’t discuss flavor so much as imbibe whilst eating.

I like this idea immensely but I currently have no place to pull it off. My place doesn’t work and The Boy lives in an adult frat house. It’s gotten better with the new roommate but it will never be properly presentable with 5 guys living there. I’ll put this on the backburner and see if it stews into something good. At the going rate another one of my friends may have paired off by then.

Music: Bittersweet Life by My Favorite Highway

No comments:

Post a Comment