Monday, October 28, 2013

I Do, A Little


Kelly Clarkson got married last weekend. I was a little swamped to say too much about it here since I was out of town for a wedding with The Boy (more on that later).

Kelly Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock flew out to a picturesque Blackberry Farm in Tennessee with his children. The ceremony was so intimate that the siblings and parents of the couple weren’t invited. Clarkson’s brother didn’t hear about it until a tabloid called to ask him about it.

I feel a little bad for the family of the couple. People reported that the Blackstocks had a big family shindig about a week before the wedding. Maybe that was in place of inviting people to an actual ceremony but if I was immediate family, I wouldn’t appreciate being so totally excluded. The brother said it was fine because they live their lives in the spotlight but that’s only partly true.

If you search Brandon Blackstock and Kelly Clarkson, there aren’t that many photos of them together. I looked them up and saw the same dozen photos pre-wedding, most from award shows or public events. She lives her life in the spotlight while Blackstock is a behind the scenes guy the public hadn’t heard of before she started dating him.

The amount of her life Clarkson makes available to the public is part of what I love about her. She released photos of the wedding right away and gave her fans a short video of the whole affair. The accessibility she allows is wonderful and makes her incredibly relatable. It just made me a little sad the whole world saw it at the same time her family did.

I love Clarkson and Blackstock together. I think they’re almost a rom-com stereotype and have a great love story. You can see his influence in some song titles on her upcoming album (Brandon’s Song and Four Carats). I wish them all the happiness life can offer. After spending a weekend with The Boy’s extended family for a wedding, I think including your family in your big moments is part of that.

Music: A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment