Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Moving on Over


They moved my desk earlier this week. It consisted of the head of IT stopping by while he was in the area and saying I’d be moving, possibly that day but definitely sometime that week. After lunch a different IT came by and informed me I’d be moving right now.  

My previous location was in a department I did little work for and adjacent to The Favorite and her boss. It was helpful since I could always tell when she was either leaving early or wasn’t going to be in at all.

Now I’m closer to the department that makes up 90-95% of my workload just outside of my main manager’s office. I’m surrounded by coworkers who work for that department and do some of the same work. I suspect the move was partly because this is my department and partly to keep an eye on me.

While I’ve left behind the superior Jesus Freak on the tall cube wall, I’ve swapped her for a crazier Jesus fan on my short cube wall. One habit Crazy Jesus Lady has is to vocalize ~50% of her thoughts. Some of it is audible and some of it is indistinct mumbling but I’m finding it quite annoying. She sings less but talks more. I’m undetermined if this is an improvement.

There are also more people around. In my old corner I didn’t see a lot of action and got ignored a lot. That worked for me. Here has a lot more foot traffic. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment