Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ride and Die


Unless you’ve been staying in a Unabomber like cabin, you’ve heard about some Hollywood Stuntz bikers and their incident with an NYC banker.

The biker in front of a banker stops suddenly and he hits him. Accidents happen and it’s harder to read the signals on a motorcycle. SUVs also weigh more than bikes so physics kind of dictates they’ll have a harder time stopping quickly. The banker should have stopped, put on his hazards, exchanged information, and made sure the biker was OK. (As I understand it, he was.)

One of the bikers immediately slashed his tires so I can understand the banker’s reluctance to follow protocol. He feared for his safety and in his effort to get out of what he perceived as a dangerous situation, he ran down another biker and broke his leg. That was bad. He shouldn’t have done that but I 100% understand why he did.

This is some yuppie banker with his wife and young child. He is surrounded by Sons of Anarchy rejects who responded to an accident by attacking his car. I would fear for my safety and be on the phone to 911. Under no circumstance would I get out of my car unless a cop was there. I might try to get on the shoulder but I don’t know if I’d have fled the scene for the exact reason the banker shouldn’t have.

In response to him fleeing, several Hollywood Stuntz bikers chased him for 3 miles until he got stuck in traffic. One biker took off his helmet and used it to bash in the window and drag the banker out of his car. Several bikers then descended onto the defenseless banker. He is currently in critical condition, all of his ribs are broken, and his spine is broken. If he ever wakes up, he’ll never walk again.

To my knowledge Hollywood Stuntz let NYC know about their big trip and extra law enforcement was on duty. They were still responsible for over 100 911 calls many of which reported reckless driving. Some of the bikers involved in the incident are reported to have turned themselves in. That was more than I expected of them.

I think these guys are worthless thugs. They are scum. Maybe the banker would have done the honest thing if they hadn’t immediately attacked his car. They give other bikers a bad name and perpetuate the stereotype. This will have national repercussions for months to come. It makes me feel bad for the decent bikers and think less of that counter culture as a whole.

Music: Hate the Taste by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

No comments:

Post a Comment